While the Foundation strives to provide grants in the amount of $25,000 or more, it will consider grants in the amount of $5,000 or more.
The Foundation will not fund:
• Grants outside the Mission and Priorities of the Foundation
• Organizations that lack proof of current IRS tax-exempt, charitable 501(c)(3) status
• Grants, scholarships or loans to individuals
• Donations to fundraising events
• Grants designed to influence legislation
The Foundation does not fund projects where the sole purpose is advocacy, education or research. It will consider funding projects that incorporate limited advocacy, education or research activities, when those functions are integral, subsidiary and incidental to the project.
The Foundation will only consider funding operational expenses when they are integral, subsidiary, and/or incidental to a project.
1. Conservation, protection, management and restoration of the Mississippi, Missouri and Meramec River Watersheds, including their tributaries, focused on the region encompassing St. Louis and the surrounding Missouri counties.
2. Conservation, protection, management and restoration of endangered Missouri prairie lands
and their ecosystems.
3. Conservation, protection, management and restoration of endangered cultural heritage sites of historical and preferably aesthetic significance in St. Louis and the surrounding Missouri counties.
4. Environmental conservation and protection in Leelanau County, Michigan, South Florida (including the Everglades and Lake Okeechobee), the state of Oregon and other areas in which a