The Campbell House Museum has served the greater St. Louis area as one of America's premier historic property museums. The Museum enlivens the history of St. Louis and Westward expansion through the story of the Campbell family and their home. Built in 1851, the first house in the elegant Lucas Place neighborhood, the Campbell house was the home of renowned fur trader and entrepreneur Robert Campbell and is family from 1854 until 1938.
The Campbell House Museum is one of the most historically significant Nineteenth Century buildings in St. Louis and listed on the National Register of historic buildings. Between 2010 and 2019, our Foundation supported efforts to repair and restore numerous items including and not limited to the roof, entry doors, parlor doors and the dining room wall paper.
historic photos were used as reference for the wallpaper in the Campbell House dining room
the dining room prior to restoration
the restored dining room faithfully reproduces the look of the original home circa 1885